Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 18, 2007

1st FUEL Retreat


We took 19 kids on our very first High School Retreat this past weekend. We were scared and excited all at the same time. It's a lot different planning and running a retreat rather than participating in one. It felt really weird being "the adult." I never had to get up before everyone else in the morning (I love my sleep) or cook meals for a bunch of hungry teenagers before.




Considering it was our first rodeo, we can honestly say that it went well. We had some good conversations and a lot of fun. Several kids were able to open up and "let it all out." Most of the kids walked away from it with a new found love for God, which makes it all worth it. We're so honored to be used in this way. I never would have imagined that we would be leading 350 teenagers to a closer and more intimate relationship with God. The Lord is just amazing, and I know He has so much more in store for our youth group.

2 comments:

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

Too bad there wasn't snow so you could use the mattresses as sleds :) ahhh the memories

mi*chelle said...

That's amazing! 350 kids now! :) I can't imagine the amount of skateboarders whizzing by me at those numbers!! :) Glad the retreat was successful! LOVE YOU!
MIchelle

Oh yeah, and shouldn't you be coming up on an ultrasound in about a week??!!!?!!?