Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 11, 2006

FUEL Block Party


Friday night we decided to kick off the summer by throwing a huge party for our youth group. Since the kids got out of school Thursday, we really wanted to keep the momentum going for the summertime. (It's really hard to keep the kids coming in the summer around here because there's so much for them to do).


We had over 200 kids show up, which was what we were hoping for. Thankfully, we had tons of food and drinks. Todd set up our new volleyball net, which the girls really enjoyed. We also had the biggest homemade slip & slide ever. 100 ft. of pure fun and slipperiness, if that's a word. We set it up in our backyard, poured dishsoap all over it, wet it down, and watched the entertainment. I've never seen so many sudzy kids.

We also got the kids together for a worship service, watched some Stupid Videos, and gave away prizes. It was a great night, and we had so much fun putting it together. We just pray that the kids will keep coming, because we'd much rather them be with us on a Friday night than somewhere they shouldn't be.

5 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a great turnout!!!

mi*chelle said...

Wow! That's a lot of kids! Sounds like fun!! :) Dad just got the kids a slip and slide, but it was actually too cold to use it this weekend..can you believe that?! It's way too late in summer for the frigid temperatures...ANYWAY, looks like was a lot of fun! I love that you two are working together as a team in this, and I am sooooo proud of you...even if you are REALLY far away. Just a few more weeks, and then we'll be there! Can you believe it?

mi*chelle said...

Hey...Dad said that someone broke their collar bone (?) on the what may have been the first slide down this thing...eek.

Todd and Micah said...

Yeah, she's probably the most agile girl I've ever seen. She's always doing cartwheels and stuff. She must have just landed wrong. It's kinda weird, but it was actually her idea to have the slip & slide. We're going to have a dunk tank in the future, so the only one getting hurt would be Todd :)

mi*chelle said...

Wow...that's a little scary. I remember having a girl break her collar bone in my show choir after attempting a pretty risky choreography move. It was bad because we lost her for a lot of competitions...and I felt pretty bad as well. Good thing her parents like me! :)

Anyway, Gabriel is huge. He's growing up so fast. He doesn't really say much (because with 3 older bros, he doesn't have to) but today, I was tickling him and said, "You're my best baby." He smiled and attempted to say "best baby." It sounded more like "buh bay bay" - but it worked for me! : )