When Todd and I were on our way home from my 6th grade chorus concert tonight, we came upon an accident in the intersection just a few miles from our house. Todd saw it, but I must have been looking somewhere else. Todd called 911, and we were the first to be on the scene.
A 19 year old girl from Delaware was heading home from college in her truck and ran a red light. She hit a younger man in his car going down the main highway. Neither of the two were hurt badly, thank God. I got out of the car and talked to the girl until someone came to help. Todd and I then sat and waited to tell the police what he saw. The vehicles were so beat up; she must have been going really fast.
I don't know why, but ever since we left that accident I've been very shook up. I keep thinking that it could have been us. I remember leaving my classroom tonight and going to lock my door, but I couldn't. My husband had one of those ball paddle things that one of my 6th graders had given to me and he kept throwing it into my room when I went to shut the door. He did it about three times thinking it was the funniest thing ever. I know this is probably thinking too deep, but those few seconds of laughter might have saved our lives.
At this moment, I realize that I don't give God enough credit. I can't even comprehend how much He cares for me every day. Who knows how many times He has saved me from hard times, sorrow, and pain. He showers His blessings on me continuously, and I don't tell Him enough "Thank you Lord." He's my Savior, my Redeemer, my Healer, my Friend, the list goes on and on.
I just needed to get this off my chest. Writing it out really has helped me feel better. I love you Lord, and thank you for reminding me of how good and merciful you are to me every day.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow that's quite a story!! You've opened my eyes too. We have no idea how many times God has protected us from things! He deserves all the glory for everything that happens in our lives. That girl was lucky to have you there to talk to and help calm her down. I'm so glad that it wasn't you and Todd and in the accident and that no one got hurt!!!.......Natalie
Nothing is by coincidence! Glad you were there to help to those people.
I'm really thankful Todd's a goofball....I'm not sure I've looked at it quite like that! :) Love you both!
Post a Comment