Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 08, 2006

Post-Its

In order for Todd to become ordained, he has to go far, far away to take classes. His first class is this week in Pennsylvania. He and Mark left last night and will not be returning till Friday night. I'm soooo bummed. We've been away from each other before but never this long. When he left last night, I didn't know what to do with myself. I came home after church and decided that I would just watch some TV, so that I could at least feel like someone was in the house with me. As I was watching TV, I looked beside me and noticed that Todd had left a coaster sitting out on the end table. When I picked up the coaster to put it back with the others, I found a post-it note underneath it.




After I read it, I looked up to see Baxter looking at me like, "Well aren't you gonna give me a kiss?" My heart just melted and I thought to myself, "I wonder if he wrote me any more?"
Not long after the coaster post-it, I decided to have a bowl of cereal. So I got out a bowl and when I opened the drawer to get a spoon, I found another post-it.


Throughout the night I found post-its everywhere. There was one on top of the dog food container, one on my computer chair, and I even found one as I pulled back the covers to go to bed.



I've continued finding them today too. He put a post-it on every day of my devotional this week, and I had one on my car window when I left for work this morning. I know this may sound a little conceded, but my husband is AMAZING! I love him so much, and yet I don't feel as though my love will ever surpass his love for ME. I am beyond blessed, and I thank God for allowing us to live our lives together.
I still miss him like crazy, but at least I can look at a post-it and know that he's really right here with me.

5 comments:

mi*chelle said...

awww....you DO have an amazing husband. I was gonna spin the next sentence to try and take credit. But it just doesn't seem right....you are lucky! I love that you two love each other so much!
Michelle

Jodi said...

Wow...what a guy! Knowing Todd it's not much of a stretch, though. :)

The Chinlund Family said...

Now it's my turn to say "whoa!" Chad does the same exact thing with post-it notes whenever we have to be apart! I'm sure you still miss him TONS though! I loved seeing the picture of your blanket in bed with you... Chad's tried to get me to get rid of mine, but hasn't had any luck! I miss you girl, let's really catch up soon!!!

Hummel Family said...

How sweet, Micah!

Anonymous said...

hey Micah! it's Caitlin Whitmore! I found you on someone else's blog (maybe JoEllen's) and wanted to say hi from China :) hope things are great with you and Todd...I have a blog, too, but not here... www.xanga.com/CaitlinAW81 so feel free to stop by! :) be blessed, girl