Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Monkey

Most of you know that I sleep with a blanket that my Aunt made for me when I was a baby. I call it my "monkey," probably because I couldn't say blankie when I was little, but who knows. I don't ever go a night without it, and I don't care who knows it :) I contemplated putting it away when I got married but Todd never seemed to mind it, so together we stay.

When I was pregnant with Grace, I remember my mom asking me if I was going to pass down my monkey to the baby. I told her, "No. She'll have her own blanket." And she does. She loves any kind of receiving blanket, which is great for me because I don't have to worry about one special blanket falling apart. (Mine is 27 years old and starting to show it's age a little).


Even though Gracie likes her receiving blankets, she still has a fascination with mine. Just the other day, I caught her trying to steal my monkey. Can you believe it?! The little stinker thought she could take my blanket. She was carrying it around the house like she owned it, and Mama Bear was getting a little upset. Todd just laughed and laughed, but I didn't think it was funny at all. So after asking for it back and getting denied, I finally distracted her enough to take it away. Phew, that was a close one.

5 comments:

hillwamp said...

How funny. Well I have never heard the Monkey story, but you better watch out cuz she will probably be taking it again! ha! Has she tried walking in your high heels yet?

Todd and Micah said...

Yes, she has but she likes daddy's tennis shoes best. I've been trying to get a picture of her walking around in his size 11's. Stay tunes for that :)

hillwamp said...

Can't wait!!! I would even display that one with great pride!!! She is growing up so fast and she is so beautiful! I know your both proud!

mi*chelle said...

Ok. Just catching up. Grace is still amazingly adorable and I loved the pictures of her in the snow and the one of the Bears outfits!

kristenlea47 said...

Haha.. this made me laugh, because I know how you are about your monkey and how you said that you were going to keep it when you got married.

I love that she tried to steal it. lol.. that's so cute.. she's following in your footsteps.