Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Nicholson

Well, I guess it's time to let everyone know that we are expecting another Nicholson to join our family very soon. After a lot of discussion, Todd and I decided that it was time to add on to our little family. It was a big decision, but we figured that now is as good a time as any.

Here's some information you might like to know about our sweet, little addition...

1. It's a girl, which is what we really wanted :)

2. We've decided to name her Bailey.

3. She's really laid back, but still pretty active when she's awake.

4. She has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen.


We've already seen her twice, and we even have a picture of her...

Isn't she adorable?! She's a Weimaraner, which means that she won't be staying small for long. Todd has been wanting a big dog for awhile and both of us really like the Weimaraner breed. We actually picked her out about a month ago, so we've been anxiously awaiting her arrival. We're planning on picking her up on Saturday and we can hardly wait!

We had four females to pick from, so we narrowed it down to two and then let Gracie pick her out. I think she might be the runt of the litter, but it's hard to tell because she had 7 other brothers and sisters who looked exactly like her and they were all about the same size. The breeder put a collar on her so that we would know that she's ours. We also decided to stick with the "B" names for our pets, so Bailey just seemed to fit.

I'm hoping that we have everything we need for a new puppy. We have puppy food, a leash, a collar, a cage, etc. Grace really likes the cage, and Baxter is very suspicious of everything. Hopefully, Bailey and Baxter will become the best of friends, even though he's going to be like an hourderve when she gets bigger :) But they have to be good friends because they share the same birthday, February 28. Isn't that cool?!

Well, stay tuned for more info and pics of our newest addition, and pray that we stay sane too. It's not going to be easy juggling a two year old, a spoiled dog, a finicky cat, and a new large breed puppy. And you don't even have to say it because we already know...we're crazy!

6 comments:

Greg, Cari & Elli Nicholson said...

Okay, now that I've sucked ALL of the air out of the room thinking we were talking about HUMAN addition to the family...I would like to congratulate you on becoming a part of the two dogs, one cat and one beautiful little girl club! :) She's ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A NEW GRANDDOG! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. CONGRATS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN DOGPERSON? HAVE FUN. LOVE YOU ALL! MOM

hillwamp said...

hahahaha,
Yep I bit it! I thought we was going to be having another baby in family! But I love Gracie in the cage!!!! Congratulations on the new addition, She looks beautiful!

Jodi said...

OH MY GOSH! She is sooooo cute! What a gorgeous baby!!! :)

Natalie said...

I read this post not longer after you published it but I just never commented...I kept getting distracted! We will be at your house in just a week!!!! Isn't that exciting! I know we are really looking forward to it :) We can't wait to see you guys and I know that Allie will have lots of fun with your dogs and cat!

hillwamp said...

So how is Bailey, Baxter, and Grace getting along?