Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Bailey Baby


Sorry it's taken so long for me to post about our new baby. It's tough having 3 kids running around! (Bojangles doesn't really count, because we hardly ever see him anymore since Bailey joined the fam, poor kitty).




It's been quite interesting having a large breed puppy. I always had dogs growing up, but it's been a long time since I've had a BIG dog. She had grown so much from when we saw her at 4 weeks and then picked her up at 8 weeks. I couldn't believe it; she was almost the same size as Baxter!



I haven't done a very good job of taking pictures of her each week, but I do have a few. To give you an idea of how fast she's growing, she was 9 lbs. when we picked her up at 8 weeks old. At 10 weeks old, the vet weighed her and she was 14 lbs and Todd just took her to the vet again yesterday (13 weeks) and she now weighs 21 lbs! Her legs are ridiculously long and she's definitely entering that awkward stage. She trips over her feet a lot and her ears are really long too, but she's still so beautiful.


Baxter was a little crazy the first few weeks, but he's doing much better now. They play all the time, so much that I haven't been able to get a picture of the two of them together. They also love to fight over the same bone. It's going to be hilarious to see the two of them romping around the house when she's full grown. Hopefully, my furniture will stay in one piece.




Grace loves Bailey to death! She calls her "Ailey," and she loves to say, "Ailey, mere!" which translates into "Bailey, come here!" We've had so much fun taking walks with Bailey and running around the yard with her. The potty training is still a challenge but hopefully, by the end of the summer, both of my girls will be completely potty trained. Pray for me please :)

3 comments:

kristenlea47 said...

The puppy is adorable! I love dogs big and small! What I love even more is seeing children with dogs. It so amazing to see how they interact!

mi*chelle said...

Bailey is very pretty. Looks like Grace will love her just like Baxter! We have friends that this breed. They all love them. I've heard they hate being alone so having Baxter may be exactly what Bailey needs. Can't wait to meet her in person!

shalinad27 said...

Bailey is beautiful! I want you to know I've been keeping up with you, through this blog spot. I just signed up, so hopefully we can keep in touch more. Someday we'll have to get our girls together to play!