Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh, to be a stay at home mom!


Well, Grace has successfully made it through her first week of daycare. I get to be with her all day tomorrow cause I have the day off. I can't wait! She has her 15 month check-up tomorrow too, so hopefully she won't get any shots. I'm pretty sure she's gonna tip the scales at 30 lbs; my sweet chubby girl.


It's been a rough week, mostly for me. Thankfully Todd takes Grace in the mornings or I'd really be a wreck. She went for a half day on Monday and she did great, but Tuesday was the real test. Todd said she cried when he left, but they told me when I went to pick her up that she was fine after a few minutes. They took all the kids to a pumpkin patch that day, which we didn't know about til Todd dropped her off. I was kind of upset about that because I really wanted us to do that together as a family, but oh well.



So when I picked her up that afternoon, one of the ladies told me that she wanted to be held a lot. I told her that she doesn't get that from us; we hardly ever hold her cause she's always running around everywhere. She made it sound like I babied my child too much, so that made me a little uneasy. I told her that she probably just needs to gets used to things. And then as I'm driving home, I'm thinking, "Give the girl a break! Her daddy drops her off at this place that she's hardly been to before, you take her to a pumpkin patch that she's never been to before, you're complete strangers to her, and you wonder why she's insecure and wants to be held?!" Yeah, I was a little upset. Maybe I'm just being completely irrational.



So yesterday was better, I guess. Todd said she started crying right when he walked in the door to drop her off, pretty sure that broke his heart. She started crying when I came to pick her up too, which then broke mine. Man, this sucks! There's just no way to truly prepare yourself for something like this. I'm really hoping that things will get better with time. They have to right?



Well, I'm going to go pick her up. I can't wait to see her beautiful face. She is such a blessing, which is probably why I worry so much about her. I can't even describe the love I have for her and she's all mine. Thank you Lord! You are such a wonderful God. Now help me let go of her please.

8 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Micah, I am so sorry that you guys are going through this. Hopefully after a week or so, Grace will be used to day care. Don't think you were being irrational. I'm sure I'd feel the same way. It is hard to leave your precious child in the hands of strangers. You and Grace will be in my prayers. You and Todd sound like such wonderful parents. She is so blessed to have you two! Enjoy your long weekend with Grace!! And definitely go to the pumpkin patch as a family. We've done it every year and the photos are always gorgeous. Have a great night!

Natalie said...

I am so sorry you guys have to deal with this. Leaving your child in the care of others is so hard to do, especially when you don't know the people very well. You and Todd are amazing parents though. Don't let this make you feel like you're not doing a good job with Grace! You're awesome!!! I will keep praying for you guys.

Oh and I'm with Michelle....if you still want to go to the pumpkin patch you should go. It's so much fun! I'm sure Gracie won't mind going again!!

Hummel Family said...

Wow, she is getting so BIG!!

Sorry about the whole ordeal with the daycare. I'm sure it will get better with time. I'm sure its a big adjustment for you all. I remember Caislyn not wanting to go to our Church nursery. Oh, that was so hard. Every Sunday she would cry and cry! Broke my heart.

Yes, try the Pumpkin Patch!! We still need to go this year. We always get some great pics with all the fall decor.

Hope you had a fun day off.

mi*chelle said...

Not to sound like a broken record, but GO TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH! It's okay for them to go more than once! How many Christmas celebrations will she have each year? Same thing. No big deal. I know you missed her first expression, but she'll be much more excited to go with you anyway, so the smile will be bigger! Between all the field trips and such, my kids will probably go a total of 3 times this year. "It's fiiiiine." (I'm sure I've heard Todd say that line more than once.)

That being said, Grace will be better with time at the day care. Try not to take what the worker said personally. If she didn't give you any information about Grace, you'd think she wasn't paying attention to her. I know God has placed her exactly where Grace needs to be. And if that is not the case, it will become apparent. If the worst thing you hear is that she wants to be held the second day there, no big deal. Now when she starts cussing at the other kids, get concerned. Until then (since it won't be a problem), hang in there. Give it to God....and remember not to try to take it back! :)

...I know...all of this advice is easier said than done...I know...It's going to be okay. I promise.

Love ya!
Michelle

hillwamp said...

She is getting to be such a big girl! Sorry to hear the changes but I know God has it all in control and he will work this out for Gracie's good.
Can't wait to see pumpkin patch pictures. We are taking Josh there this weekend, going to have him for the weekend. Give Todd and Gracie hugs and kisses for us Love ya,Aunt Pam

The Hutsells said...

I wish you could be a stay at home mom too or I wish you could beam her up scotty to my house! I'd love on her and hold her! I'm with Michelle, at least she didn't bite or spit on any of the other kids. :)
I'll pray that things get better.

Jodi said...

Micah, my blood pressure just went up for you. I feel the same way that you do about staying home with my child... it kills me that I have to go to work and leave Judah, and even that is only a couple days a week! As a kindred spirit I can only imagine how hard this is for you and Todd day after day.

Make the memory of the pumpkin patch YOUR OWN! Take lots of pictures, and as far as all three of you are concerned that will have been Grace's big trip this Fall! Reclaim it. :)

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, Micah, "Oh to be a stay at home mom" is right. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching kindergarten, and I know this is where God wants me to be. I've had a really hard time this year leaving Adrianna everyday too. I've said prayers for you, Todd, and little Gracie. I'm so glad to read that you decided where to take her, however I'm sure it is difficult. I will continue to pray.

Oh...also I agree with everyone else. Go to the pumpkin patch! I think Michelle said it best when she said that Grace will be more excited about it with you...her family.