Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Week in Pictures - Pappaw Barber Visits

My dad had the opportunity to stay with us this past week. We were so excited to have him come visit as he hasn't been out to see us since we moved to MD. We all had a great time together, and we made lots of wonderful memories.


We tried really hard to make sure my dad had a good time, so we decided to take him to as many places as possible. As some of you may know, whenever anyone comes to visit us, we have to take them to The Old Mill. The Old Mill is one of the best seafood restaurant's on the Eastern Shore. It's all you can eat and it is good eatin'. Dad and Todd had all you can eat blue crab and snow crab legs. It was really fun watching Todd teach my dad how to pick crab. He got the hang of it though, and we were all stuffed by the end of the night.


We also took dad to the Boardwalk in Ocean City. It was nice to walk up and down the boardwalk together. We also played a few games in the arcade. Don't you just love speedball?!


I was so happy that the weather was nice, because we were able to take dad to a beach called Assateague. We like going to Assateague, because it's not nearly as crowded as Ocean City and they have lots of cool wildlife.








The weather was beautiful, and we also brought along a friend. We had never taken Baxter to the beach before, so we thought we would try it out. He really wasn't too fond of the water, but he did really well considering it was his first time. Grace had a good time too. I think she really liked the cool ocean breeze on her face.


Just before my dad had to go back home, he and Todd took a fishing trip out on the ocean. Todd has gone on a few fishing trips since we've been out here, so I wanted to make sure that dad got to go while he was here. My dad loves to fish and he's never fished on the ocean, so I just knew he'd have a great time. They ended up catching over 50 fish, which is pretty good considering it was only the two of them. Maybe next time we can all go :)

Thanks for coming out Dad. We love you so much and can't wait for your next visit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your dad got to visit. It had to be a wonderful and relaxing time for all of you. I'm sure it meant a lot to your dad too. He could check on you and see Grace.

I loved seeing Grace at the beach. What does she think about the texture of sand?

I love Baxter. He seems to roll with the times so well. What fun to take him to the beach!

The pictures of the sun on the fishing trip are so beautiful and peaceful. What a breathtaking view.

How did the Fun Fair day go at Emmanual? Did a lot of folks come out? I know it was a hectic time, so I hope you all were able to get rested up.

Take care. I love you all!
Jenny

The Chinlund Family said...

Wow, you guys did it all!!! I really hope I can come out and experience all that fun stuff someday. Mic, I have to tell you, you look so beautiful! It looks as though your baby weight must've melted off! You must almost feel ready for number two (HA!) I love you and look forward to catching up soon!

Anonymous said...

I am happy that John was able to come to your house and visit, see Grace, enjoy the eastern shores, and make those wonderful memories. Wow! Fifty some fish is a lot, Todd! Grace is looking so darling! Todd, you will have your hands full one of these days with all those young men hangin' around the house. Micah, you look great! Being a mom suits you well!
Love you all,
Mom from Montana

Natalie said...

So glad you had such a great time with your dad visiting! You guys sure were busy! The beach is so beautiful. How fun to be able to take Grace there...and Baxter too :) Oh and I LOVE speedball! I agree with everything Kate said...I hope we can come out and have fun with you guys sometime soon and I agree that you look great Micah!!

kristenlea47 said...

You have some gorgeous pictures in there.

Plus I love crab legs. So part of your story was delicious too and I'm all about that.

The Chinlund Family said...

We got the tray from target.com for only $9.99 and we love it! I'm not sure if it's bumbo brand or not, but it was on the same page when we searched for bumbo. Can't wait to catch up! Love you!

Aaron and Janet said...

Hey sweet mama,

Your daughter is beautiful. I am so glad that I got to see her and hold her when she was so new. I miss you guys and want you to know you continue to be in my prayers.

Micah, will you take me to the beach? Grace seems to be having fun!!!

Like Kate, I dropped my phone in the toilet, so I don't have your cell anymore. Can you text me so I can store it?