We're still in Indiana. We really aren't sure when we'll be going home. Everything is so uncertain; it's hard to know what to do.
Here are a few pictures of Grace that I took with my phone a couple days ago. She continues to amaze me every day. I love her expressions, and I have so much fun just sitting and watching her. She truly is a ray of sunshine during such a dark time.
This past week has been very trying for all of us. Todd has been spending countless hours up at the hospital while Grace and I have been hanging around Dad and Jenny's house. Todd has felt torn between spending time with us and helping out with his dad. It hasn't been easy seeing him leave day after day, but I know he needs to be with his dad. Fortunately, I've had family here to help me out with Grace. Todd and I have actually been able to get away for a few hours, just the two of us, a couple times this week. It was time that we both needed. Todd was glad to get out of the hospital room and I was glad to get out of the house. Thank the Lord for Grandmas :)
Bob has given us a lot of scares this week. One day he'll be alert and seem better, and the next day he's struggling to breathe. I still don't understand why all this is happening, but I'm continuing to trust in the Lord. I still believe that God can heal Bob's body, but if He wants to take him home, then so be it. I just keep praying, Thy will, not my will. I want Grace to know her grandfather. I want her to be able to sit on his lap and pull at his beard. I want her to hear his deep voice and smile when he laughs. But if that's not God's will, then I have to accept that and believe that He has a bigger plan. Todd is the man he is today because of his dad. Todd has picked up some of his greatest traits from his father, so I know Grace will know her pappaw, because she knows and loves her daddy.
So please continue to pray. Pray for a total healing of Bob's body. Pray for Jenny, Michelle, and Todd, that the Lord would give them strength as well as peace and comfort. And most of all, pray that God would be glorified through it all.




11 comments:
Oh Micah. I wish so badly that I could be there. When I opened up your blog, I hadn't expected an update, but then I saw Grace's picture and I started to cry. I hadn't been emotional about it til now. I wish things could be different. We're all praying for you. We love you!
Cute pictures Micah! I just posted a couple pictures on our blog from when we were with you the other night. I know Todd had mentioned you didn't have your camera cord to post new pictures. Love you guys and if there is ANYTHING you need/want let us know!
Grace is so beautiful :) Seeing the 3 of you the other day was so nice. It had been such a long time! Like Brandon said, if you need anything please feel free to call. Even if you just want to talk to someone outside of the family, don't hesitate to call. My # is just one digit different than Brandon's....last 4 #s being 5366
Wow, I was crying when I read your update. Your words toward your father-in-law are so awesome! I will continue to pray for him. And by the way, Grace is beautiful!!
Your Grace is just so beautiful! I am sorry that you guys are going through this- but we are definitely praying for you and I've checked out Michelle's blog for updates so that I could know what to pray for.
I am glad that you are able to enjoy some time together as a family. You will be in our prayers.
I love you so much, your strength and attitude continue to bless and amaze me Mic. You know we're praying!
God will supply all our needs...Love you, Micah! :) I wish I was spending more time with my "sister" while you are here. I miss you.
I came across your blog while online, and read about your father-in-law. Please know that there is a family praying for you in upstate New York, and we send up Bob's needs to our Father! God bless you and your family during this time.
Todd & Micah....We love you guys very much and are here for you if you ever need something. I wish we could visit more....or ever for that matter. Todd...i will be calling...i just got your number back from a broken phone two days ago. I love you man and have always looked up to you in so many ways....your a great friend and man of God. Tell your dad that he is in our prayers.....you too man. Talk to you soon.
p.s. Your kid is adorable.....good thing you've got a good lookin wife :)
I read the news about your father this morning. I have never met you or your family in my life, but I have been praying for you all. Your faith in God has been a true testimony to not only me, but everyone who has come across your story lately. Know that people in Topeka, KS are praying for you today.
she's beautiful!
Post a Comment