Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2007

What a weekend!

Todd and I decided to take some kids to Indiana Wesleyan's annual Youth Conference this past weekend. We left Thursday morning and got back Sunday night. There were 14 of us total, 10 kids and 4 adults. Two of the kids will be attending IWU next year, so it was a great opportunity for them to explore the campus.

Overall, the trip went well. The kids enjoyed themselves, and Todd and I got to see a lot people we haven't seen in awhile. I was expecting not to know anyone, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were a few people that I knew who are still taking classes. We also got to see the Butson's. Fred and his band were playing for the conference, so we were able to talk with him and Dre a bit. We also got to see Ty and meet Elayna for the first time. Aren't their kids just adorable?!

On a side note to all my IWU peeps, if you haven't visited in awhile, it's shocking how much the campus has changed. I felt like I didn't even know how to get around my own college! The student center is crazy, big now. They have a salon, gift shop, general store, and art gallery in there now. They've built an entirely new section for Wildcat with wood floors and leveled seating. And Baldwin has had a complete face-lift. I didn't even know where to go to get my food! They've also added several new dorms, they're building a new college church, and Nebraska St. isn't even there anymore. It's almost unrecognizable, which just makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I love that the college is growing, but when there are walls where I once sat with Todd, it makes me a little teary-eyed. Oh well, change is bound to happen right?
On a more up-beat note, I got to have a baby shower while we were in town. I was so ecstatic to have a shower with my family, because I really didn't think I was going to have one. Todd and I can't get home very often, so if it hadn't been for this trip, I never would have been able to see all of my family.




Girlfriend got lots of goodies from her fam. Everything was wonderful, from the cake to the gifts to the friends I haven't seen in ages. Mimi and Rylee Jean came all the way from Valpo, and my good friend Alicia, whom I haven't seen since Todd and I got married, came too. It was definitely a dream come true for me. Todd and I are so blessed to have such great family and friends.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you had a nice baby shower. Wish I could've been there to see it.
The room looks nice too. You're brave to do the lines. I would never dare to do anything like that for fear of screwing them up. But, they look great.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a pregnant angel before.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that the pictures turned out so well especially the one of me. I'm so glad you got to come home I miss you so much. Even after I saw you and touched you it still is hard for me to believe that your going to have a baby. Thanks for lunch and the time that we spent together. Keep telling that baby girl that her Grandma Barber loves her.

Brandon said...

So glad you got to go home and see family and IWU. I get lost everytime too! Looking forward to seeing you two sometime in the future!!!!

B

mi*chelle said...

So good to see you last weekend....LOVED IT! The room for the baby is GREAT...they paint so well. I love the bikini picture, too! :)

I want to see that name, though....I'm completely in love with her already. :)

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

Micah you look so cute!! I'm so glad you got to go home and have a shower...how fun!!! Your baby's room is adorable :)

Natalie

Unknown said...

good to see you all! I pray that all continues to go well for your pregnancy and congrats on the new miracle that God has provided you with. You both will make great parents. Have a wonderful day

kristenlea47 said...

Awww love the pics of the baby shower...

Also, I remember going to the youth conferences as a high schooler and I remember thinking how fun it was and how awesome it was... then I remember what an inconvenience it was as a student... and I cringe.

I've heard about all of the changes at IWU. It makes me kinda sad too (even though I haven't been back in forever). Kinda makes me wish all that crap was there when I went there.

Anonymous said...

You look great! And it looks like your baby shower was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to sign my name. Anyway, Micah, you do look beautiful pregnant. Todd, you are quite the priest too.

Love you both!
Mom from Montana

Anonymous said...

Okay prego! Time for an update!