Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Fun


Last weekend, we took a group of students to the Spruce Lake Retreat Center in Pocono, PA. We left on Friday afternoon and got back Sunday evening. There were about 45 of us in all, and we had an absolute blast!



The retreat center had just gotten 7 in. of beautiful snow, so we were pumped to get out and play in it. We went snow tubing and ice skating; it was so much fun! I got some great pictures of the kids snow tubing. Enjoy :)








Todd wanted to try snowboarding. It didn't work out too well.










We decided to try and get everyone on a tube. The pictures say it all :)



Even though the snow was fun, our reason for the retreat was to grow closer to the Lord. We had several sessions with the students about how to build relationships with each other and God. We worshiped together, prayed together, and we had some major breakthroughs with several students. Todd and I are excited to see what the year will bring for our youth group.




We got some snow in Salisbury too. It was about an inch and was gone by the next day, but at least Gracie got to enjoy it for a little bit.


7 comments:

hillwamp said...

Loved the pictures and it looks like you had so much fun. God was with you all and what a wonderful thing you are doing. Little Gracie is so sweet Paul and I love the updates! Love, hugs, and kisses. May God keep you close and continue to bless you and your little family! Aunt Pam

Todd and Micah said...

Thanks Pam! I was beginning to wonder if anyone reads this blog any more. I want to continue updating it because we don't get to see our family, but I don't even know if our family even reads it. I'm glad you do :) We love you too!

Natalie said...

Oh I still read it! I check in often to see if you've posted :) Trouble is, most of the time I have just enough time to read the blog, but not enough time to comment! Allie's not very patient when I'm on the computer :) Please keep updating! I would be so sad to not see what's going on with you guys! (Not that doing it just for me is enough for you to keep blogging!) Anyways, looks like you had an awesome trip. You guys are doing such amazing things in the lives of the youth out there!!! And Grace is SO adorable. Isn't it amazing how fast our kids are growing up!?!?! Miss you guys!

kristenlea47 said...

Awww.. she's getting so big, and still so adorable.

If you ever want your fill of snow, come on up here. We've gotten almost 100 inches this year already. I'm not sure what the official count is. Last time it was around 90.

Poor Todd! I hope he wasn't too banged up from that fall! I kinda wish I could have seen it... lol.

Love you both, miss you tons!

The Chinlund Family said...

Glad you had so much fun! Chad or I could teach Todd how to snowboard if you guys lived closer (hint, hint) :)

So where was Gracie during the retreat?

Todd and Micah said...

We left Grace at home with her favorite sitter. Although I wish she could've come with us. I think she would've really liked snow tubing.

Brandon said...

I bet Todd's knees were really scared during the snowboarding!!!!