
Grace went to her 18 month check-up this week. She had a great check-up and we are happy to report that our girl is not only healthy, but she's also smart!
We told the doctor that she says around 25 to 30 words right now. Her favorites thus far are stinky (stinty), eewwww, oh no, and bye. She also loves to point out and say facial features as well as show where her tummy, knees, feet, and hands are.
I wasn't aware of this, but the doc said that if she knows 25 words than she really understands 2500 words. The more words she learns, the more she understands. He told us that even though what she's saying sounds like babbling, she's very much aware of what she and we are saying. So not only is she smart for her age, but she can understand a lot of what we're telling her, which was a big eye-opener for us. Now that I know that she fully understands when I tell her not to do something, I'm not going to be falling for that cute, puppy dog face anymore. Well, at least I'm going to try not to :)
We've also been told that it's time to start getting rid of the pacifier. I am not a fan, but I know it must be done. She actually just starting calling it "paci" and she's so darn cute when she says it. Todd is definitely more stern about the pacifier than I am. I don't like keeping something from her that she loves so much. But it's about the teeth right? Sure. Tell me that when she's crying in the middle of the night.
Here are her other stats from her check-up...
- She weighs 28 lbs. 10 oz. (Can't believe she hasn't hit the big 30 yet!)
- She's 33 in. long (Todd's hoping she'll be his All-Star basketball player)
- She is in the process of cutting her 2 yr. molars (This girl never gets a break!)
P.S. If you could, please pray for us this weekend. Todd and I are taking about 45 kids and a few adults to Spruce Lake in Poconos, PA for a retreat this weekend. We're leaving on a charter bus tomorrow at 4 and won't get back til Sunday night. It should be an awesome time of fellowship, spiritual growth, and fun in the snow. Ahhh, snow; I can't wait!
1 comment:
I know that all kids are different, but we let our oldest use a paci (or mimi as she called it, no idea why) whenever until she was 2.5, when #2 was born. After that we only let her use it at night to go to sleep, until she waas 3, I think. When we took her to the dentist for the first time at 3.5, the dentist said she couldn't even tell that she had ever used a paci. Her teeth were perfect. Now I know some of this is hereditary, but I still don't think it is as horrible as sucking the thumb. The paci is not pushing against the teeth like a thumb does.
She is so adorable, by the way!!
Post a Comment