Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

Well, you'd think that with all this "free" time on my hands this summer that I would be blogging every other day, but obviously we've been a little busy. I am very sorry for the long delay in info, because so many things have happened this past month. So without further delay, I'm going to try to fill you in on what Grace has been doing lately.





Just before school let out, some of our friends invited us to go to a water park in Ocean City called Jolly Rogers. So we got Gracie all decked out in her bikini, sun hat, and water shoes. She was definitely the cutest baby in the whole park. She loved splashing around in the water, and she really liked riding with mommy and daddy down the lazy river. We can't wait to go again!



After many nights of trying to keep Gracie in her little portable bathtub with no success, we finally decided it was time for her to take big girl baths. She likes being able to crawl around the entire tub, and she really likes playing with all her bath toys. Don't you just love how her hair looks after it's been in a ponytail all day?!




Todd and I wanted to do something different for Grace's birthday invites, so we decided to take a picture of her with a sign that read, "It's my birthday!" on it. It sounded like a really good idea, but trying to get a one year to hold up a sign is no easy task. After a very long photo shoot and what seemed like a thousand pictures, we finally got one we liked.






We also caught Grace doing some of the things she loves to do now, like giving kisses and putting her hand over her mouth to make an "Indian" noise. A woman from church taught her how to do that and it's pretty cute. She also likes to point her first finger up as if to say, "I'm one" and she knows how to wave "bye bye" too. We're working on some sign language and parts of the face, but it seems to be a pretty slow process. I'm sure she'll pick them up soon though.


We decided to get Grace an early birthday present, a bicycle trailer. Todd and I have been wanting to get outside and do something as a family, so we decided that it would be fun to take some bike rides together. Grace is a big fan. We can put her in the trailer with her toys and she's totally content. It also has space in the back for her diaper bag. We love it!



Baxter and Grace are like two peas in a pod. She can't say his full name yet, but she does call him "Baa." He's so good with her too. He gives her kisses and lays next to her all the time. And I'm pretty sure that she likes Baxter's toys more than her own. I'm always finding her just chillin' in his dog bed playing with his stuffed animals. She is somethin' else.


Since Grace was almost one when we left for vacation to Indiana, we figured it would be more comfortable for her to sit forward in her car seat. It was so nice to be able to turn around and see her looking at us. She loves to be able to see out the window, and she likes watching her new DVD player too.

Well, that's all the random info I have for you right now but keep on reading, cause there are more posts about our trip to Indiana and her birthday parties.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Well I could comment on all of your new posts but I'll just leave one big comment here :) First of all Happy Birthday Gracie!!! We are so glad you had 2 wonderful parties with so many of your family and friends. Our gift is going to be late but it will be in the mail tomorrow.

We are SOOOOO disappointed that we couldn't get together with you guys on Monday night. When Allie woke up in the middle of the night I was obviously bummed that she was sick and I felt bad for her but I also felt bad for all 3 of us because I knew we wouldn't be able to come to Greentown. She's on medicine and is feeling good now :)

Grace is absolutely adorable. I love her bikini! Too cute :) And your birthday invitations were awesome. I thought that your idea of having her hold a sign like that was so creative!

I have so much to say because we didn't get to see you!! Micah, when do you start school again? We so desperately want to come out to Maryland to visit you guys. At this point we were thinking of October but I know that Todd told Brandon that month is pretty busy. My thought is it would be awesome to come out during the summer so we can enjoy the beach, etc... but I don't know if we can wait until next year!

Okay I should have sent you an email but oh well. We love and miss you!

P.S. Happy 4th Anniversary tomorrow!!!!

Amy said...

what a sweetie pie! that bikini is KILLING me. happy birthday, Gracie! she's a doll. sounds like you're having fun. happy anniversary, btw!

Tasha said...

It was so good to see you in Wally World when you were here last week.Grace is so sweet!Can't beleive she is one already.It goes so fast!

mi*chelle said...

We got to see you!! :) YAY!! And all you blog-readers, Grace is MUCH more adorable in person!

Glad you were here!! Love you!