Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Her temperature is what?!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm lucky to even get a shower during the day let alone blog. It's been a pretty lazy couple of weeks, but we've had a few things happen that are worth blogging.





For those of you who know Mark and Sara Bunting, their daughter Mckenna turned one this month. They had a big birthday party for her a few Saturday's ago, and we were glad to celebrate with them. It's hard to believe that a year has gone by already. She's growing up so fast, which makes me want to cherish every moment with Grace. I just know I'm going to blink and we'll be celebrating Grace's one year.


I just realized that I haven't blogged about our "first born" in awhile. Baxter is doing really well with Grace. He loves to lay next to her, and he likes to lick her face when she cries. I have yet to get a good pic of them together. I'm pretty sure he likes her, but I think there are definitely times when he gets jealous. He's always wanting to lay with me in the recliner when I'm feeding Grace. It gets a little cramped with all three of us sitting in the chair, especially when I have the boppy underneath Grace too. And speaking of the boppy, Baxter thinks it's his. As you can see, he loves to lay on it. Who knows, maybe we'll go buy one just for him. What a spoiled little boy?!






Now to update you on our baby girl. We took her to the doc for her 2 month appt. last week. I was so curious to find out her weight and height. She weighed in at 10 lbs. 7 oz. and she is now 23 1/2 in. long. I was happy to hear that she had finally reached 10 lbs. It has taken her forever to get into her 0-3 month clothes, and there's still a lot of them that she can't wear. She's getting a cute little belly now and her face is really filling out. I think she's gonna have my chubby cheeks. She's also grown out of her little bath hammock and is now sitting up for her bath. I think she likes wading in the water. According to the doctor, her height is in the 85th percentile, her weight in the 40th percentile, and her head is in the 30th percentile. We were very happy to hear that she does not have a "Nicholson" head :)


Grace also had to undergo two shots while she was at the doctor. This was not an easy thing to watch. Todd said he couldn't watch, so I had to be the strong one and console her as best I could. She did really well, but it was very hard to see her in pain. I don't know how, but I maintained my composure and didn't shed a tear. Todd, on the other hand, couldn't keep from letting the tears flow. I've always loved how compassionate and caring he is, just like his dad.

The doctor asked us if we had any Tylenol to give Grace before her shots, because he said that 1 out of 15 babies will get a fever from the vaccinations. I didn't have any, so he gave us a sample. He told us to give it to her every 4 hours as needed, so that's what I did the rest of the day till she went to bed. I told Todd that I really didn't want to wake her up just to give her Tylenol, because she seemed fine. And once you wake her up, she stays up so we didn't think much of it. Well, 3 o'clock rolls around and Grace is awake. She wasn't really crying, just fussing around a bit, so I put her pacifier in her mouth and she went back to sleep. A couple hours later she wakes up at her normal time and when I go to pick her up, she's burning up. Automatically, I freak out! I put her on the bed and woke up Todd to stay with her so that I could get the thermometer. I came back into the bedroom and started taking off her clothes, which were drenched with sweat. Meanwhile, Todd is half asleep while holding her hand. I start taking her temp. and I'm saying aloud the temp. as it continues to go up, 100.6, 100.7, 100.8. Well, Todd is not hearing me say the "point," so he thinks I'm saying, 106, 107, 108 and he starts freaking out. "Oh my gosh, her temperature is 108?!" And I'm like, "No, you're missing the point!" It was quite comical. Her temp. ended up being 101.6, which seemed so high to me, but I guess you don't call the doc unless it's 104 or above. It gradually went down after giving her Tylenol every 4 hours on the dot the rest of the day. So I guess our girl is 1 of 15, and I'll definitely have Tylenol in hand when we go to her next appointment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace is so beautiful (like you don't know that)! I can't believe how much she changes each time I see her. What a blessing!
You and Todd are such great parents and a great team! You help each other and admire the qualities you see in each other. I know Todd is proud of you, Micah. As proud of you as you are of him. Grace is blessed.
And what of our Baxter? He seems so good from what you've said. I've heard so many scary stories about dogs and babies. Looks like Grace is going have a great protector.
Love you guys bunches! Look forward to talking more later. Grandpa Lowell and Grandma Wilda told me to say 'hello' and that they continue to pray for all of you as do I.
Love from Indiana!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! Now that she is into the 0-3s, she'll probably grow out of them right away. That is what babies seem to do :) They grow way too fast!

The Chinlund Family said...

Thank you so much for posting, I was just dying to see some new pictures!!! The one of her with the suds on her head kills me!!! Seriously though, she is so beautiful, I so wish I could hold her in my arms RIGHT NOW!!! Know that I love you all and continue to pray for you! Miss you honey.

The Hutsells said...

I can't get over how in one picture she looks so much like you and then in another picture I can see all Todd! How funny!
We can't wait to meet her. 2 more months!!!

mi*chelle said...

I don't care who she looks like, she's gorgeous. Start teaching her tai kwon do now to fight off all those preschool boys!!!!!!!!

First fevers are scary, but you get through them. Tell Todd that our cousin Brad's newest baby, Jack, is in the hospital for unknown reasons. His temp did get to 104 the other night. It's down now with doctor's care. He is in Indy. I'm sure they are very anxious. Hopefully this is something the doctors will find out quickly and treat successfully. They mentioned viral menengitis (sp?), which is a scary thought.

Anyway, I appreciated Todd's call tonight. It's been too long. And I'm very glad that you survived first shots/fever. All in one!!!! My kids always responded to Motrin better, just a thought. Seemed to take fevers down faster and stay down longer.

Love you all, even Baxter! :)
Michelle

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

Once again I love the pictures! As everyone has said, Grace is beautiful :) She looks like she's doing great. I love her little cheeks!! Aren't the shots just terrible?!? I dread those appointments. So sorry you had to deal with a fever. I bet that was scary!! Thank goodness for tylenol. Oh and Baxter is so cute laying on Grace's boppy, LOL. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

FYI: In case she does get sick some day, Its 100.4 when you should call the doc.

kristenlea47 said...

I am so glad to see a post. I like the story at the end. That does sound quite funny.

She's gorgeous. I am so happy for you guys.