Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

More Than Just a Man

Last week, Todd and I participated in our first Easter drama, "More Than Just a Man" at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church. The drama depicted the events leading up to Christ's crucifixion in a whole new way for me. It showed the side of the Sanhedrin and how they plotted against Jesus and eventually sentenced Him to death. It was a powerful drama, and we had so much fun being a part of it.


Todd played the part of Peter, Jesus' disciple, and I was Mary, the mother of Jesus. Many of our friends at the church were involved, which made it all the more exciting. As you can see in the pictures, we were all decked out in our stylish clothing. Todd grew out his beard (which he has finally shaved, thank God) and I had the privilege of putting make-up on all the cast members. The men hated it at first but by the last night, they were lining up to me to have their make-up put on. It was so funny to see Mark and Todd with their cheeks all rosy :) We also have a man that brings in his animals for the church to use during the drama. He had chickens and goats, and he even brought a pony in for Jesus to ride on.

Several people were saved as a result of the drama, and I know many hearts were touched as well. We are so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful church. I thank God for the opportunities that He gives us to minister through our talents.

7 comments:

mi*chelle said...

Hey there! Looks like you were having fun! (I am sure Todd looks better without the beard!!) Have a great week!
Michelle

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

Oh my word! Is that the real Jesus? Striking resemblance!!!!

The Chinlund Family said...

Hey You!!! You had me going with the "it's official" title on your email... I thought you were pregnant! Maybe it was just wishful thinking :)Welcome to the blogging world my darling. I am thrilled to be able to keep in touch this way too :)Don't forget about me at chadandkate.blogspot.com, eventhough I have stunk at updating lately... I'll get on that soon. Love you, Mic!!!

Josh Garlow said...

Makeup?
Why Not?
Welcome to the club!
You know they say that blogging leads to dancing.

Josh Garlow said...

correction.
the "Blogging" club, not the makeup club.
That's your own club.
g

mi*chelle said...

You know, I have to admit the "official" title in the email made me think the SAME thing!! :)

kristenlea47 said...

I'm glad to see Micah still makes the same face when applying someone's make-up!