So, I'm a total slacker. I really honestly don't know where the past couple of months went. It feels like a blur.




Well, I guess I'll have to start back to when Grace went back to daycare and I went back to work. It was a difficult transition because she'd been with me 24/7, all summer long. It was tough being away from her. It was also a rough start to the year, because she and I were both sick with bronchitis/sinus infection/ear infection. I went to the ER, got some meds and then broke out in a rash from the antibiotics. She was wheezing really bad and we had to give her a few neb treatments. It was awful. I hope I don't ever have to see her go through that again and me either, for that matter.




After Grace was over her bronchitis, we decided that it was time to get rid of her pacifier. I had been cutting the tip of it little by little for awhile, but she was still hanging onto it. So, in order to help her understand, we decided to tell her that it was broken and she needed to throw it away. She did a great job with it and we didn't have any sleepless nights, just a few nights of crying herself to sleep. I was so proud of her. I don't know why, but this was really hard for me. I hated taking something away from her that she loved so much. The first time that I cut the tip off of her paci, I just wanted to cry. The look on her face was so pitiful. She looked at me like, "Oh no. What happened to it?" I told her it was broken and then she just cried and cried. It was not fun. Thank goodness she was so good about throwing it away.

About a month ago, Todd and I had to say goodbye to a family member. It was a sad day for us, but we just couldn't but we had no other choice. The Envoy was such a great vehicle for us. We had her for four years and she always kept us safe and happy. I don't know why, but I always get really attached to my cars. I didn't want to let her go, but when your plan is up, its up. So now we've welcomed the Tahoe into the family. Our dealership did a great job of finding exactly what we wanted. We got everything we had with the Envoy and then some. It's a 2007, has 32,000 miles on it and it has extended seating in the back. We also had them install a DVD player for Grace, so that we don't have to deal with the portable one breaking down all the time. It even has an automatic starter; yeah, we're spoiled.


Mammaw Jenny came to visit us last month. She was only here for the weekend and we didn't get to spend as much time with her as we wanted, but we still had fun. We went to Bob Evans for breakfast and we made a trip to Wal-Mart too, cause she doesn't have either of those back home :) Sorry we couldn't do more with you mammaw. We loved having you here with us. Grace is still saying, "I love you more."





Last month, Todd and I went with three other couples from our church to go see U2 in DC. It was definitely the most amazing concert I have ever seen. The stage was huge and the sound of the band was incredible. I've always loved U2. I remember my dad listening to them when I was little, so I've pretty much grown up listening to their music. They sang a lot of the old, good stuff too. With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Where the Streets Have No Name are probably my all-time favorites and they sang all three! It was unbelievable and I wish I could go again tomorrow.



The first weekend in October, we had our annual Family Fall Festival at church. It was a beautiful day for it and the crab cakes were amazing. We also had fun square dancing with everyone. The kids had a blast doing the funky chicken and the hokey pokey. Grace was loving it and we got a good family picture out of it too.






Just a few weeks ago, we took Grace to see Sesame St. Live. We'd heard that it was a good show, so we thought she would enjoy it. She's really into Dora and the Backyardigans, but she really likes the Sesame St. characters too, especially Elmo. The show was really fun, and she loved it. She had this dazed look on her face most of the night, which was pretty hilarious. Every now and then, she would dance around and laugh, but most of the time she would just stare. We ended up spending way more than we should have too, cause right when we got there, she wanted to have something Elmo. She saw all the other kids with their Elmo stuff, so we had to go and get her an Elmo light-up toy. And then, when intermission came around, they brought out hundreds of Elmo balloons for everyone to buy. Right away, Grace is saying, "Elmo! Elmo!" Todd and I looked at each other like, "I guess we'd better." Little did we know that the balloon was going to cost 10 dollars! I guess it was worth it though, because it's been almost three weeks and the balloon is still up and inflated in our living room.








And last but not least, it's Fall!! I love Fall. It's my favorite season. I love the cooler weather, getting out my sweaters, the beautiful colors of the leaves, apple cider, the list goes on and on. I also love going to the pumpkin patch. We had planned on taking Grace sometime in October, and it happened to work out that my mom came out to visit when we decided to go. We had so much fun picking out mums and looking at all the pumpkins and gourds. We also got to pet and feed the goats and Grace loves riding in the wagon. I'm so glad that my mom came out to visit us. She got to spend a lot of time with Grace and it was nice to spend some time together. I love you mom!
Ok, let's see how long it'll take me to update again. I'll shoot for sooner rather than later :)
Well, I guess I'll have to start back to when Grace went back to daycare and I went back to work. It was a difficult transition because she'd been with me 24/7, all summer long. It was tough being away from her. It was also a rough start to the year, because she and I were both sick with bronchitis/sinus infection/ear infection. I went to the ER, got some meds and then broke out in a rash from the antibiotics. She was wheezing really bad and we had to give her a few neb treatments. It was awful. I hope I don't ever have to see her go through that again and me either, for that matter.
After Grace was over her bronchitis, we decided that it was time to get rid of her pacifier. I had been cutting the tip of it little by little for awhile, but she was still hanging onto it. So, in order to help her understand, we decided to tell her that it was broken and she needed to throw it away. She did a great job with it and we didn't have any sleepless nights, just a few nights of crying herself to sleep. I was so proud of her. I don't know why, but this was really hard for me. I hated taking something away from her that she loved so much. The first time that I cut the tip off of her paci, I just wanted to cry. The look on her face was so pitiful. She looked at me like, "Oh no. What happened to it?" I told her it was broken and then she just cried and cried. It was not fun. Thank goodness she was so good about throwing it away.
About a month ago, Todd and I had to say goodbye to a family member. It was a sad day for us, but we just couldn't but we had no other choice. The Envoy was such a great vehicle for us. We had her for four years and she always kept us safe and happy. I don't know why, but I always get really attached to my cars. I didn't want to let her go, but when your plan is up, its up. So now we've welcomed the Tahoe into the family. Our dealership did a great job of finding exactly what we wanted. We got everything we had with the Envoy and then some. It's a 2007, has 32,000 miles on it and it has extended seating in the back. We also had them install a DVD player for Grace, so that we don't have to deal with the portable one breaking down all the time. It even has an automatic starter; yeah, we're spoiled.


Mammaw Jenny came to visit us last month. She was only here for the weekend and we didn't get to spend as much time with her as we wanted, but we still had fun. We went to Bob Evans for breakfast and we made a trip to Wal-Mart too, cause she doesn't have either of those back home :) Sorry we couldn't do more with you mammaw. We loved having you here with us. Grace is still saying, "I love you more."

Last month, Todd and I went with three other couples from our church to go see U2 in DC. It was definitely the most amazing concert I have ever seen. The stage was huge and the sound of the band was incredible. I've always loved U2. I remember my dad listening to them when I was little, so I've pretty much grown up listening to their music. They sang a lot of the old, good stuff too. With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Where the Streets Have No Name are probably my all-time favorites and they sang all three! It was unbelievable and I wish I could go again tomorrow.



The first weekend in October, we had our annual Family Fall Festival at church. It was a beautiful day for it and the crab cakes were amazing. We also had fun square dancing with everyone. The kids had a blast doing the funky chicken and the hokey pokey. Grace was loving it and we got a good family picture out of it too.






Just a few weeks ago, we took Grace to see Sesame St. Live. We'd heard that it was a good show, so we thought she would enjoy it. She's really into Dora and the Backyardigans, but she really likes the Sesame St. characters too, especially Elmo. The show was really fun, and she loved it. She had this dazed look on her face most of the night, which was pretty hilarious. Every now and then, she would dance around and laugh, but most of the time she would just stare. We ended up spending way more than we should have too, cause right when we got there, she wanted to have something Elmo. She saw all the other kids with their Elmo stuff, so we had to go and get her an Elmo light-up toy. And then, when intermission came around, they brought out hundreds of Elmo balloons for everyone to buy. Right away, Grace is saying, "Elmo! Elmo!" Todd and I looked at each other like, "I guess we'd better." Little did we know that the balloon was going to cost 10 dollars! I guess it was worth it though, because it's been almost three weeks and the balloon is still up and inflated in our living room.








And last but not least, it's Fall!! I love Fall. It's my favorite season. I love the cooler weather, getting out my sweaters, the beautiful colors of the leaves, apple cider, the list goes on and on. I also love going to the pumpkin patch. We had planned on taking Grace sometime in October, and it happened to work out that my mom came out to visit when we decided to go. We had so much fun picking out mums and looking at all the pumpkins and gourds. We also got to pet and feed the goats and Grace loves riding in the wagon. I'm so glad that my mom came out to visit us. She got to spend a lot of time with Grace and it was nice to spend some time together. I love you mom!
Ok, let's see how long it'll take me to update again. I'll shoot for sooner rather than later :)




7 comments:
I love you! And these pictures are precious! When are you coming home for Christmas? Text me and let me know. Love ya!
LOVE the update and all the great pictures!! You guys have been busy as always but it looks like you've had lots of fun :) Gracie is so cute. I showed Allie all your new pictures and she said "GRACE!!" as soon as she saw the first picture. It was cute! And Allie uses that sippy cup that you left here every morning, the one with the different kind of straw. She refers to it as her Grace cup!!
If you know when you're coming for Christmas could you let us know too? I don't know when we'll be in IL with my family but if it works out that we could see you we would love to.
Love love the updates. I know it takes you alot of time to do your blog but it is appreciated by those of us that don't get to see you as often as we would like! Love, hugs, and kisses!
What a great update! I love seeing Grace and all of the new experiences she has. She is precious...and Mammaw loves her more!!! Love you too!
love from Indiana!
Thanks so much for the update. I had a great time. As Jenny said those of us that don't see you very much really appreciate the pics. Love you so much and looking forward to Christmas.
Love you, Mom (aka Grandma Carmen)
Loved, loved, loved all the pictures! What a sweet girl!
Fun update! Cute pics! Stumbled on your blog tonight and enjoyed browsing. :-)
Post a Comment