
Wednesday, July 30 marked a year that Bob has been "home." It's hard to believe that a year has gone by and then again, it isn't. So many things have happened this past year in our family, especially with Grace. She's gotten so big and I know we both wish he could be here to see her grow. It was tough going home to Indiana and not seeing him waiting at the front door with that big smile on his face. But we still have peace in knowing where he is and that he is now completely healed.

Todd and I decided to start a tradition on the anniversary of Bob's homecoming. Since everyone else would be able to actually visit his grave and we couldn't, I thought that we could do something special as a family. So, I bought a bouquet of orange and blue balloons (Go Bears!) and attached them to a card that had a message from all three of us on it. We decided to go to the Boardwalk in Ocean City and let them go, since that was one of the places we had taken Bob several times when he and Jenny would come visit us.




We had Grace give the card a kiss and then she and Todd let the balloons go. We watched them gain altitude from the pier and slowly turn into just a speck in the sky.
We walked on the Boardwalk, went to the Dough Roller and had some pizza (Bob loved him some pizza) and then made our way back home. It was a good day.




7 comments:
I think this is a great tradition. I'm glad you had a chance to remember. It's a pretty tough day, but we get through it. Love you all, and mis you already! --Michelle
I've been thinking about you guys over the last few days and weeks. This time last year was so hard on you and I'm sure it's still tough. I think you've started a wonderful tradition :) You all great and I love your new family picture! Love you :)
What a wonderful way to celebrate Dad. I am positive that God saw to it that Grace's kiss went straight to Heaven. It was a very hard day, I know. This seems to be a great way to remember...
I love you and miss you!
--Jenny
That was a great idea! Wonderful way to celebrate your father! I trust that you all are doing well!
Have a great week
That's very sweet. Did I also tell you that your little girl is soooo adorable?! Oh my word. Especially in that little baby bikini. How cute.
That is a beautiful idea!
Are you guys doing alright over there? I've missed reading about your girl! :)
OH my word Micah, I totally remember that! You need to somehow record it or call me and leave it on my voicemail! I was just thinking of that message not too long ago, wishing I still had it.
I might be moving a little closer to you guys. I interviewed for a position in NC this morning.
hahaha.. I totally need to hear that message.
Love ya!
Post a Comment