Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Whoa, here she comes!

Some of you already know the exciting news about Grace, but I needed to share it with everyone in the blogging world too.



She's crawling! And there's no stopping her now. I thought she was going to roll around our house forever, but she finally decided that it was cool to crawl. And what's really funny is that she started doing it the day after I posted my frustrations about her not attempting to crawl yet.


I got her out of her high chair one night and sat her in the living room to play while I cleaned up the kitchen. Our living room and kitchen are separated by a wall, so every now and then I would stop what I was doing to go check on her. I heard her jibber-jabbering about something, so I went to go see. She was on her hands and knees, which wasn't anything to get excited about cause she would always rock back and forth on her hands and knees but never go anywhere. But then she started moving toward the TV and didn't stop. I ran to the bedroom to get Todd and said, "She's crawling!"


She's been crawling about two weeks now and she is non-stop. It's like she's been doing it forever. Each week she gets faster and faster too. She wants to be down on the floor all the time now and she loves exploring.



So now we're in the "no" phase. She still doesn't know what "no" means, but she loves saying it. She'll just crawl around the house smiling and saying, "No, no, no, no." She's also starting to pull up on things, and she's really good at balancing herself on her knees without holding onto anything. We're thinking she'll probably be walking soon, but who knows. I'm fine with the crawling for now. I don't want to rush her anyway. It's hard enough to keep up with her crawling everywhere, so I know that walking is going to be a whole new ballgame.



Speaking of ballgames, we took Grace to her first Shorebirds baseball game with some kids from our youth group last Saturday. She loved cheering with everyone around her and dancing to the music between innings. She had some vanilla ice cream and we bought her one of those glow-in-the-dark necklaces, which she really liked chewing on. She also saw her first fireworks display. The stadium always ends the night games with some fireworks. I wasn't too sure how she'd do with them, but she seems to like them. Between the really loud country music in the background and me bouncing her up and down, she was a fan. We'll definitely be back for another game this summer.


Well, that's all for now. My concerts are all over and I have 11 days of school left, 8 full days and 3 half but who's counting right? :) Our youth group is having a car wash tomorrow, so pray we make some money. We're actually sending some kids to camp this year, so we're trying to raise money for that. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful 3 day weekend and I can hardly wait to spend some time with my family. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

I just LOVE her little pigtail, too cute! I wish I could see you, I miss you so much! I'm thrilled you're almost done with school, I can't wait to catch up with you! Love ya babe!

Jodi said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm so excited to get to the crawling phase, but everyone tells me I'm crazy! haha. :)

Natalie said...

Hooray for Gracie crawling!!! Life will never slow down now :) Allie is walking a lot now but is still wobbly so I just always feel like she's falling down. It's a lot of fun though! Congrats on almost being done with school. I'm sure you're really looking forward to the summer off! We love you guys!