Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gracie Girl

Here's what our Gracie Girl has been up to this past month...
Teeth
She's working on her 4th tooth now. She's obviously got her two bottom teeth, and now she has two top teeth coming in. But they're not her front two teeth, they're the ones on either side of the front two middle teeth. Who knows why these are coming in first, but I'm sure the front two are on their way.
Clapping
Our baby sitter's daughter was working with Grace on how to clap a few weeks ago. I didn't realize Grace was old enough to figure it out, so I hadn't even worked with her on clapping yet. So one day I get a call from Todd saying, "You need to hurry up and get home cause Grace is clapping!" I couldn't get to my car fast enough. And let me say that just when you think your child can't get any cuter, they do something else that just melts your heart all over again. She is so stinking adorable when she claps! I know I'm just a proud mama, but she really is too cute. And I guess whenever she would clap we would automatically say "Yay!" Because now whenever we say "yay," she claps her hands. So not only is she cute, but she's smart too :)


Sleeping

Not a Sunday goes by when I don't hear someone say, "She looks just like Todd!" I'm coming to terms with this statement, but one thing is for sure, she sleeps like her mommy. Grace has been sleeping through the night and taking naps like a champ lately. I hardly ever have to get up in the middle of the night with her, and she does such a good job at falling asleep on her own. She sleeps for a good 10-12 hrs too, which makes us very happy. And the positions she sleeps in are a hoot. We never know how we're going to find her in the morning. We can lay her on one end of the crib at night and she'll be sprawled out on the opposite end the crib the next morning. She's also a happy baby when she wakes up, which she definitely did NOT get from me.




Exploring
Even though she isn't crawling yet, (she puts her butt up in the air but that's about it) Grace loves to explore on the floor. I can sit her down with a few toys around her, put on some Backyardigans and she's in heaven. She really likes playing with those bongos you got for her Aunt Michelle, and she loves banging on that musical mirror you got her for Christmas Mammaw Jenny. She's become quite the expert sitter, but she still loves to roll around on the floor too.

A few other tidbits...

Mama
She's finally saying "Mama!" I thought I was going to hear "dada" forever. She was just saying my name when she was upset, but now she does it all the time. I still can't tell if she really knows what she's saying, but it makes me feel good either way.

Vegetarian?
Grace loves fruits and veggies, but every time I try to feed her a meat, she gags on it. I don't know if it's the texture or the taste or what? She will scarf down any vegetable I put in her mouth, but she can't hack the meats for some reason. I also tried giving her a puff the other day and she gagged on that too. Is she not ready for this stuff yet? What's a good way to get her into eating more solid foods? If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Smiles
Grace smiles all the time. It really makes me wonder if God put her on this earth to make people happy. She is such a loving, happy baby and we're so blessed to have her in our lives. I love you little lady bug :)

9 comments:

sara jean said...

Micah, thanks for the updates on your family, it's so great to see pictures of Grace growing up. I couldn't wait for Easter pictures because I knew her mommy would have her looking extra cute:) And she definitely is adorable! Wishing you, Todd, and Grace the best always, sarajean

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Memaw Barber,

Grace does look alot like Todd but if you look back at your baby pictures Micah when you were the same age she really favors you. I'm so glad she is a happy baby and I miss her so much. the pictures are great and thanks for sharing. Love, Mom aka Memaw

Natalie said...

I love all your new pictures and updates :) Grace just gets cuter and cuter! You're not the only one that always hears how much your daughter looks like her daddy....I've never had anyone say Allie looks like me! Oh well :) LOL. I enjoyed hearing about all the new things Grace is doing. It's so fun to watch them learn and explore! Just wait until she starts crawling....things will never be the same :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. We sure miss seeing all of you. It is great to keep up on all of the changes in Grace and all of her accomplishments. The big question is this...Micah, does she have a 'monkey'?

Love from Indiana

Jenny said...

Todd told be about your blog today - so I finally had time to sit down and read it tonight!

Grace really is the sweetest little one....and always smiling! :) Ryleigh just adores her and loves when she can get her laughing!!!
She wakes up each morning asking, "What babies are coming today?" and really is bummed when one of her little friends aren't coming! What a blessing it's been having you guys as a special part of our lives!

Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

Don't feel bad, Gabby is 13 months and still freaks out when we try to get her to eat cheerios. She picks up toys and puts them in her mouth, she just doesn't do it with food. Every baby does it in their own time, and they definitely will not starve!! Just keep trying and one day she will do it. Good luck!

mi*chelle said...

I see so much of Todd in the clapping picture! I miss you guys!

mi*chelle said...

oh - almost forgot - sometimes I would "hide" the meat by putting a little on the spoon and then dipping the tip of it in the fruit --- give that a try! No guarantees...but worth a shot. If she still won't eat it, wait a few months and try again. She'll be fine!

Jodi said...

Half way through your post I was thinking "wow, she looks just like Todd". haha. I won't say it now, though... I hate to be like everyone else. :) She's a beauty! I love the sleeping picture!