I'm not going to dwell on the fact that I haven't posted in almost two months. I'm just going to say, "I'm sorry" and move on. Even though I can't believe I did that, but I'm not dwelling on it I tell ya!

So, where to begin? Oh, I guess I need to go all the way back to our trip home for Christmas. We were able to spend two weeks in Indiana for the holidays and it was wonderful. We got to see all our friends and family; it was great!




We spent half of our time in Greentown with Todd's family. It was definitely not easy having Christmas without Bob, but we tried to make the most of it. Todd and I gave the boys dart guns for Christmas, so the whole family got in on the action. It was hilarious watching Chad and Michelle shooting at each other and seeing Todd roll around on the ground like some secret agent. I think it was just what we needed to lighten the mood.






The rest of our time was spent in Logansport with my family. I was so excited to see my sister and her family this Christmas. They are finally back from Japan, so it was wonderful to have them home for Christmas. It was a little hectic with 10 people in the house, but we made it work. Watching all my sister's kids and Grace opening presents on Christmas morning was just priceless. We also got to take all the kids to the Children's Museum in Indy. Isaac, Emma, Lily, and Alivia had a blast exploring everything. We all rode the carousel together too. I think Grace was getting a little dizzy :)




We also got to see some dear friends while we were home. Grace and I were able to meet up with Kate and Caleb in Illinois. We all stayed at a hotel together, which was so much fun. We exchanged gifts ( I love the pic of Caleb sucking on Grace's pacifier) and swam in the pool (Grace had never been in a pool before, she loved it). It was so great to get together and I'm hoping that it will be something we continue to do year after year.


Todd and I got to see Brandon, Natalie and Allie too. It was funny watching Allie and Grace look at each other. We went out to eat together and stayed up late playing cards; it was a blast! Love you guys!


Once we got home, we had our annual New Year's party. We had about 25 people in our house, so it was a little chaotic. We went out to eat and then everyone came back to our house to play some games. Dirty Bingo struggled a little bit this year. You know it's bad when people are giving away pregnancy tests and hemorrhoid creme. I love our friends :)

And just so I can brag on my husband, I'll tell you about my awesome birthday gift. Todd and I stayed in a place right on the beach in Ocean City for my birthday. It had a jacuzzi in the room and everything. We went out for a nice dinner and then...well I'll spare you all the details :) The downside was that I had to leave Grace overnight with a friend, but I got over it once I saw the jacuzzi. It was awesome; a birthday I will never forget. Thanks honey!




6 comments:
Thank you for posting my darling! You did a fabulous job! It's my turn now :) I can't believe Grace is 20lbs! At Caleb's 9 month check up he' was 20lbs and 29" long... at 9 months! I can't wait to get them together again! I love you babe and will try and call you SOON!!!
Great post...except I could have done without the leading question about your hotel room on your birthday....I prefer to think my brother's daughter came from immaculate conception. Thank you very much!! :)
Anyway, great pictures!
Yeah!! A new post. I am so excited. Wish we could have seen you when you were IN, but understand how many loved ones you had to see in such a short time. So happy you got to see your sister and her beautiful kiddos. So happy they are back in the states. We thought a lot about you -- knowing how bittersweet the time home would be. We love and miss you...
It's good to see an update from you guys! Grace is too cute! Those cheeks are too precious. Looks like you had a nice time over the holidays & looks like you had a very nice birthday too! I bet that was a lot of fun.
Hey, if you guys want to view our blog send me your email address to truebetty@gmail.com and I'll add you!
Grace is toooo CUTE! I can't believe how big she is! Looks like you guys had a very busy holiday! So glad you got to spend some quality time with family. (Since my sisters are both in Denver now, we know how precious that time really is). Great update!
Paula
Tried calling to wish Todd a happy birthday but it went to voice mail! Love you little brother! :)
Post a Comment